In April 2019, the EURIPID collaboration stablished a Stakeholder Dialogue Platform for actors in the field of pharmaceutical pricing. Please find information on the activities here.
Core examples of our work this field are:
Price Transparency Survey
In the light of the WHO resolution on Improving the transparency of markets for medicines, vaccines, and other health products, the Italian partner AIFA (Italian Medicines Agency) made a survey among partners of the EURIPID collaboration and further authorities in die field of pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement. The survey aimed at exploring the legal constraints and options in the European Countries to share information about confidential agreements without infringing any law or confidential contractual arrangements
Contribution to CAPR meetings
The EURIPID collaboration contributed to the meetings of the network of Competent Authority of Pricing and Reimbursement (CAPR). Besides updates on the collaboration, topics like the Technical Guidance Document on External Reference Pricing (ERP) and challenges of ERP in EU countries were presented and discussed. Moreover, the EURIPID collaboration disseminated project results to the network to foster information exchange.
You will find several presentations and posters under Information Dissemination.
The EURIPID collaboration has been awarded following grants:
- CEDD pilot project
- Framework Partnership Agreement Number GWP 2009 – ENT/IMA/184.108.40.206.8
- HP-PJ-2018: Grant Agreement number 826652
- HP-PJ-2014: Grant Agreement number 664317
More information on the history of the collaboration can be found at About.
The leaflet of the EURIPID collaboration gives a brief overview on the key aspects of the collaboration.
Stakeholder Dialogue Platform
In 2019, the EURIPID collaboration introduced the stakeholder dialogue platform in order to establish a sustainable cross-functional cooperation on information exchange in the field of pricing of medicinal products in Europe with the stakeholders of the pharmaceutical sector and supranational organisations.
The key objectives of the Stakeholder Dialogue Platform are
- To establish a sustainable cooperation on information exchange in the field of medicinal product pricing via the discussion of opportunities and challenges of such a cooperation.
- To further enhance the current functioning of the EURIPID database.
- To monitor the implementation of the EURIPID Technical Guidance Document on external reference pricing (ERP) of medicinal products.
- To contribute in making transparent prices of medicinal products better work in practice.
- To investigate suitable methods to measure patients’ access to medicinal products in Europe by using the potential of the EURIPID database and website.
The main target group of the Dialogue Platform are the previous members of the Platform on Access to Medicines in Europe and other stakeholder organisations, particularly patient/consumer representatives, organisations like WHO and OECD, who will be invited to take part in the creation of a strategic cooperation in the field of pricing of medicinal products.
The group jointly selects the topics in the field of medicines that shall be discussed in meetings of the platform (incl. a prioritisation of these topics). The participation in the Platform is open to everybody from the target group on a strictly voluntary basis. The main intention is to have a space for open and non-binding discussions.
The following working groups were set up in the course of the first Stakeholder Dialogue Platform:
- Transparency Working Group
- EPR Monitoring Working Group
- Patients’ Access Working Group
The Stakeholder Dialogue Platform takes placeonce a year. If you want to obtain more information on the Stakeholder Dialogue Platform or the next meeting, please contact the EURIPID collaboration firstname.lastname@example.org.